EAD – I-765

Application for Employment Authorization (EAD I-765)

Form I-765 is to help individuals who are looking to work legally in the United States by being issued an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). An EAD I-765 differs from a Green Card for its time is limited (e.g.not exceeding 240 days). Green cards last up to 10 years before it expires.

Here are groups of people that are eligible to apply for an employment authorization document:

  • Asylee/Refugees
  • Nationality
  • Foreign Students
  • Employment-Based Nonimmigrant
  • Family-Based Nonimmigrant
  • EAD I-765 Applicants who have already filed for Adjustment of Status

What are other materials needed to submit Form I-765?

  • Complete your application with the filing fee ($410 plus an additional $85 biometric services fee).
  • Scan the front and back copy of Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record.
  • Scan the front and back copy of your last Employment Authorization Document (EAD).
  • Submit two identical color passport-style photographs of yourself taken within 30 days of filing your application.

If you’re an individual that’s temporarily in the U.S. and is interested in working legally, Simply Immigration can help you every step of the way.