Green Card Application

Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (I-485)

Simply Immigration knows that filling out a Green Card Application can a lengthy process. If you are a foreign-born person eligible for a U.S. green card (lawful permanent residence) through a family member or an employer, and you are just beginning the application process, it may help to have a preview of what’s ahead. Let us show you, step-by-step, how to fill out the I-485 Green Card application so you can become a permanent resident of the United States.

  • Find out if you’re eligible to become a permanent resident.
  • If you are eligible and qualified to register, file the I-485 Green Card Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), including all supporting documents and fees.
  • USCIS will review your application and schedule an interview with you.
  • Once your paperwork and documents are finalized, you will receive either a visa to enter the U.S. (at which point you become a permanent resident) or a letter of approval (if you’re adjusting status in the U.S.) You will be issued a Green Card which may arrive in a few weeks time and will be valid for 10 years.

Again, be fully aware that the Green Card application process does take time because of the amount of other potential Green Card holders seeking permanent residency.